Saturday, March 20, 2010

Arr! Time for TIMED Canned Combat March 20-etc

Okay, I've let you all throw down here in a very loose, lazy way. But now CombatWords! is ready for some additional rules--to make it interesting. Engagements should have time limits. I'll start you all off easy: time expires 24 hours after the last post in a thread. Winner is declared by critique and audience vote.

Right now, I'll keep the topic open. The main rule is to riff off the prior post. Oneupsmanship should form the bulk of the combat here, though the audience is encouraged to be as harsh as the compositions warrant. I mean, you can totally jeer at bad writing if you want to, but don't scare off your sparring partners, okay?

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

  1. So here's someone in need of a slap of reality: http://poemblaze.wordpress.com

    I think I'd be spoiling your fun if I listed all the ways this guy sucks as a poet. You want an easy target? Here you go. You think I'm being unfair? Read this before you judge my motives: http://toylit.blogspot.com/2010/03/stop-poisoning-readership.html

    ReplyDelete